Monday, August 17, 2009

Kyle Kortvely - Image Restore

I wanted to do something that seemed different from most restoration photos. Apparently, since I couldn't find any really old photos in my house, I took one from the Internet. It seems to be in the late or mid 1800s (if not early 1900s) and had A LOT of cracks and marks in it.

It took me at least 5 to 7 hours to get this photo restored and came down to be a pain when I came a crossed some missing spots on the clothing (notably on the woman's chest). I can't say that I even touched the Clone tool on this photo due to the Healing Brush had all the modes I needed. Aside from modifying the levels, I adjusted the exposure to get a more natural lighting as best as I could.

All in all, I never really took part in restoring a photo, but I kind of found it really easy to do after the first few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment