Monday, August 17, 2009

Photo Restoration_Cynthia Downey


This is an old picture of my dad I found, I thought it would make the project a little more interesting if you knew who it was in the photo, so I decided on this. Mainly I used the spot healing brush tool and the healing brush tool to get rid of the scratch marks in the photograph. Then I played with the vibrance, hue/saturation, and color balance. I was trying to bump up the contrast and get rid of the yellowish color, but I still wanted that dirty old look to it. The main problem I had was with the reddish blob behind and overlapping his head, I did what I could but it still looks a little blurbish to me. I'm mainly satisfied with getting rid of the scratches, the color was extremely annoying and i'm still not satisfied with it.

♥ Cindy

12 comments:

  1. I would like to say that this is a masterpiece of glorious proportions... my eyes can only withstand a couple seconds of viewing it before the holy light from this picture burns my retinas with amazement

    ReplyDelete
  2. Needs more tie die, but it's not bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well your the 4 afterall. maybe one day i can get like you ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He reminds me of Popeye... with a beard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm gonna dream about this later. Just you wait and see.

    ReplyDelete